The Project Debt Relief for Green and Inclusive Recovery was conceived in the summer of 2020 to advance innovative solutions to address the sovereign debt crisis that many countries in the Global South are facing at a time when social progress is under threat and urgent climate action is needed. We are working with thought leaders, civil society and policymakers around the world to develop systemic approaches that help to resolve the debt crisis and advance a just transition to a sustainable, low-carbon economy.
A short three-minute-video sums up our proposal for the hurried reader:
Click here to read our proposal and sign up to our newsletter to stay informed.
- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Urges Debt Relief for African Countries
- A Green Strategy to Defuse the “Debt Bomb”
- T7 Task Force: “Global Financial System Must Be Rewired”
- Sri Lanka May Be the Next Country to Introduce ‘Debt-For-Nature’ Swaps to Mitigate Economic Crisis
- Growing Global Debt Crisis to Worsen With Interest Rate Rises, Jubilee Debt Campaign Warns