The Project Debt Relief for Green and Inclusive Recovery was conceived in the summer of 2020 to advance innovative solutions to address the sovereign debt crisis that many countries in the Global South are facing at a time when social progress is under threat and urgent climate action is needed. We are working with thought leaders, civil society and policymakers around the world to develop systemic approaches that help to resolve the debt crisis and advance a just transition to a sustainable, low-carbon economy.
Our new report on Securing Private Sector Participation and Policy Space for Sustainable Development was launched Monday June 28, 2021.
- Former Maldives President Calls for Debt Restructuring to Fight Against Climate Change
- 10-Minute Explainer Video: Debt Relief & The Poorest Countries With Stephany Griffith-Jones
- “Sovereign debt was already a problem before Covid”
- Chart of the Week: Guaranteeing a Green and Inclusive Recovery
- Presentation of the New DRGR-Report (Video)